Monday, February 13, 2012

Sugar and Spice for Baby

 After finishing this quilt... I had a bunch of Riley Blake's Sugar and Spice left over along with a couple of dresdens that I hadn't used, so I wanted to make an easy baby quilt. 
 Sometimes I take on projects that are so big that it was really nice to do something fast, easy and simple. There is no pattern here, I just cut pieces all the same size and sewed them together... I love how unplanned I am! (Most of the time)

 For the backing, I was able to get a ton of pinks and blues and greys from the Sherbet Pips line REALLY cheap online so I stocked up big time so I would have plenty of backs for baby quilts.  You can really find some great deals on backs if you have a general idea as to what you might need them for.
 For the quilting, I wanted to try a new pantograph that was pretty circular.  Circles are not easy to do freehand... actually impossible -- you need to use a template or something to guide your long arm in order to do a perfect circle.  So, my mom and I have been on the lookout for more pantographs that look like circles without investing SO much time to make perfect circles.

It turned out really cute and I was happy to give this one to a friend of mine who is expecting a daughter this month!

2 comments:

  1. this is really cute. I am sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Erin!! Thanks for the tip on the quilt back fabric :) Which online site do you usually use?

    ReplyDelete