Friday, December 2, 2011

Ruby LOVE

I'm in the process of making up blocks for a quilt that I have had in mind for awhile.  I am using the Moda Ruby line.
The block I chose was inspired by a quilt that I quilted for someone else.  She used charm squares to make her blocks and the blocks were HUGE.  I wanted to scale it down a bit.  I had several packs of Ruby charm squares and quartered each square to compose these blocks.  I also bought some extra yardage of all the pindot fabrics.
 The blocks are 11.5" right now (so they will finish at 11").  I am thinking that I will likely make one large block and surround it with these small ones, but I am still thinking about that.
In addition to the Moda Ruby fabric, I am also including some of the Bliss line into the quilt.  I already made a Bliss quilt awhile back and had some extra fabric to work with.  The two lines, both by Bonnie & Camille, work seamlessly together.  I am still going to have a ton of fabric leftover, so I am sure yet another Bliss/Ruby quilt will be on the horizon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, the I bought so much fabric for this one quilt, that now I have to think of a whole new one to finish up all the fabric line of thinking.

    Your blocks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is going to be awesome! How's it coming along???

    ReplyDelete