Thursday, December 1, 2011

Love Birds Quilt- FINISHED

I just finished up this quilt for a friend of mine.  I bartered with her and made her a quilt in return for her taking our family pictures this year.  I still feel like I got the better end of the deal but she was very happy to receive this quilt, so that made me happy!
 I used Riley Blake's Love Birds line for this quilt.  The center was so busy that I wanted to break it up with the solid white.  I like how it turned out!  I don't remember the exact measurements but I believe it was around 70x70.
 I pieced the backing... I was very short on the fabric I chose which was also from the Love Birds line so I added some of the fabric I had in my stash.  The colors are really pretty-- I like how the back turned out.
 A closeup.
 Here is a closeup of the front where you can see some of the quilting.  I used one of the new pantographs that we got and I really loved it!    I can't remember it's exact name but it was a funky leaf/feather pattern. 
I used a very light pink Glide thread for this quilt but since the quilt itself is very busy, the fabric is more the show than the quilting.  Hopefully my friend will be able to enjoy and snuggle under this beauty!

2 comments:

  1. It turned out Great! Amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's two years later but if you're still there, I'd like to know if there's a pattern for this quilt. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete